Higher Ed Specific?

Jump to solution
saltman
Community Participant

Many of the sessions that caught my eye yesterday are labeled Higher-Ed. But I teach K-12.

I work remotely with students, so classes like the one linked below looks interesting. 

Is there a specific reason this class (and others) are labeled higher ed?

Or I wonder if possibly more of the K-12 classes are hybrid/blended learning in brick and mortar environments and the higher ed classes lean more toward online learning?

Are options in Canvas the same or different from K-12 to college?

This is my first Instructurecon!  Thanks in advance for your help!

https://instructurecon-prod.modolabs.net/agenda/detail?subfeed=higher_education&feed=events&id=47%7C...

^^ link to class in question

Shauna

1 Solution
James
Community Champion

@saltman ,

Instructure put an audience label on everything as a way to help direct people, but they are not restrictive and you are free to attend any session, no matter what the labeled audience might be. The reason it was labeled Higher Education is probably from a form that they had us fill out when we made a proposal -- there was no choice for "General" or "Everybody".

For example, my presentation is suitable for any Canvas user (students won't benefit much), but since I teacher higher education, I put that down as the track and that's how it got labeled. I know of other people who did the same thing.

The core functionality of Canvas is the same, but there are some features that might not be enabled for your institution and I believe there is a feature called "K-12". So most of Canvas is the same, but there are a few things that aren't enabled for everyone.

View solution in original post