InstCarn Recap: Day 3 - Reflections

mjennings
Community Contributor

TL;DR

This is truly the greatest EdTech conference on Earth!!

Overall Impressions

Wow! Where to begin? From the great Keynote with Michael Bonner to the many amazing sessions I do not think that I can do justice to what this conference means to me. It is the yearly jump start that I need. I am overloaded with information, tips, tricks and memories that even almost a week later I still haven't been able to process all of it.

I also cannot let one particular event go unmentioned. Many of you many have seen the stepsforbeth‌ hastag flying around or may have seen the posts like Panda #stepsforbeth  & Stepping up the #stepsforbeth. At lunch on Thursday all of us that participated in the stepsforbeth‌ challenge met up for a picture with a truly inspiring woman.  @BethCrook , if I didn't get to say this during the conference, I want you to know that your courage & determination are a great inspiration to me.

We can do hard things. Together.

Evening Activities

The Party Con Carny was the event to beat. There was great food...

284221_meat.jpg

fun....

284203_Image 2018-07-31_14-41-09-765.jpeg

& entertainment...

284202_Image 2018-07-31_14-41-09-764.jpeg

Random Thoughts

• InstructureCarn swag was no joke. I brought and extra bag and still had to buy luggage to get stuff home.
  • I was able to get all 29 badges in the Carnival Quest!!
    284219_badges.png
  • Canvas is an amazing product that makes teaching & learning easy
  • Think outside the box, Canvas does.
  • If Canvas as a product is a 10 out of 10, the people & community are a 20 out of 10.

*All of the content here is thoughts, opinions, musings and ramblings. It's like you just walked into my head.  Please excuse the mess.