cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Navigator

Canvas Release Notes History in 31 Seconds

Many of you at InstructureCarn 2018 (and via chat in our live streams) noted how much you liked the Canvas release notes video that Josh Coates shows in his opening keynote. The keynote itself won't be posted for a while (watch for an announcement in the Community when it's available), but for now, you can re-live the past 1800 pages of release notes from June 2011 to July 2018 in lightning speed! Originally sung by Survivor, this video's Eye of the Tiger accompaniment may or may not be picked up later by the chipmunks...

In case you're interested in the actual document, here's the Canvas Release Notes archive PDF: canvas release notes 2011-2018.pdf. Not only has the number of features we've launched varied through the years, but the layout of the notes have continued to evolve, too. Just in case you think that kind of stuff is interesting. Smiley Wink

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

This video is currently being processed. Please try again in a few minutes.
(view in My Videos)

10 Replies
Highlighted
Community Member

Thanks so much for sharing this here, erinhallmark‌! I thought that was so cool, and I also learned lots of new things from the Community presentation. I had never really thought about the scale of the documentation effort: so cool!

Highlighted
Adventurer III

And those are just release notes, laurakgibbs. They don't include the other documentation like the guides and all of the revisions that go into them.  As I was watching that with Kona, I kept on leaning over and motioning that they would have to go even faster to fit it all in.

Awesome job erinhallmark and the whole documentation team!

Highlighted
Community Member

The stats about documentation we got to see in the Community presentation on Thursday were mind-boggling: SO MUCH WORK done consistently, accurately, and promptly. I was really impressed!

Highlighted
Learner II

It was pretty impressive james@richland.edu.

Like you I thought of the Canvas Guides. How on earth do they keep them all current?!? Grateful. 

Highlighted
Community Member

bobby.pedersen@education.tas.gov.au‌ there was a presentation at InstCon about the workflow, and it was so cool: we got to see how the "granular permissions" feature went from being an idea here at the Community through the whole process of being implemented and then documented in the Guides, etc. Maybe scottd@instructure.com‌ will share the slides here: I learned lots of things that I did not know before. The whole thing is so organized, and they are working hard all the time to keep up with the incredible volume of things that are happening.

Highlighted
Learner II

Hey laurakgibbs‌,

For what they are worth, here are our slides: InstCon18-Community-Presentation.pptx - Google Slides 

Happy to answer any questions or provide more info for anyone interested.

Highlighted
Learner II

Many many thanks scottd@instructure.com

Love a good share.

Highlighted
Surveyor

This is so awesome! I had commented in the chat for during the live  viewing that I needed this for upcoming faculty training! and here it is!  Totally using this!!! Thanks!

Highlighted
Community Member

We heard you in the chat Smiley Happy