All Topics

The latest questions and discussions in InstructureCon 2017. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Be prepared for Mission InstructureCon17. Join this classified intel exchange on Tuesday, 8:30am - 12:00pm. This is a free Community-driven meet-up to learn from fellow Canvas agents and strategically trade secret information about all things Canvas....

Community Coach Community Coach
InstructureCon 2017
  • 15 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Is anyone looking for a room for InstructureCon 2017? Cost is approximately $600 for 4 nights (Monday-Thursday). 

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I see "hack night" on the schedule. In past years, there has been a hack night for programmers and a "course hack night" for non programmers. Will that continue thIs year? By the way, I fully expect to see Josh drop out of the ceiling in a tuxedo to ...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2017
  • 22 Likes
  • 61 Replies

What is the "unconference" that is held on Friday?

• 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

OK. So I've never been to Keystone in July. What will the weather be like? What kind of clothes should I bring?The weather in the Midwest, where I'm from, is usually very hot and humid.Thanks, Lisa

• 4 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to decide on a room reservation for the conference, but I have not attended in Keystone (last one I went to was in Park City).Can someone give me an idea of what the conference shuttle route might be? There are a lot of great prices for r...

• 5 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've downloaded the app and note the 'add to calendar' feature seems to be slightly inaccurate. For example, the Keynote on Tue 25 July @ 6:00pm - 7:00pm (Denver time) should be added to my calendar as Wed 26 July 9:30am - 10:30am (Adelaide time). ht...

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I've been looking for a specific place for this information, but not finding it. My university is bringing a large group to InstructureCon this year (as we did last year).  Last year, one of my colleagues had some mobility issues and found the Keysto...

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2017
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I will not be staying at the resort. I will be staying in Dillon. Will I still be able to ride the shuttle within the resort?Thanks, Lisa

• 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Does anyone need a room for Icon 2017? I am in Evergreen Condos, 2 BR, and 2 Bath and found out my co-attendee is not going. Room is for July 24-27. Total charge for three days is $1,027.44, do half of that for you would be $513.72. Contact me at rob...

Community Contributor
InstructureCon 2017
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

The schedule is very difficult to read on the website.  The font is very light so the contrast ratio is not high enough.  Really difficult if you have any vision issues to read the session descriptions.

• 8 Likes
  • 4 Replies

So I noticed that the session agendas have been added on the website (Agenda - Day 1 | Mission: InstructureCon 0017 ) and was just curious if they will be added here as well? I have found the Bizzabo app, but it is rather clunky and I think I would r...

• 9 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I know that the sessions are recorded; will they be streamed live?  My impression is that they are not streamed, but I wanted to confirm.Assuming they are just recorded, what is the expected delay before recordings are available?

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2017
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I don't find any info for one-person rooms or lodging on the website. Are there acommodations for just one person?

• 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Are there any meet-ups currently setup for admins at InstructureCon 2017?

Community Champion
InstructureCon 2017
  • 10 Likes
  • 14 Replies

I am registering during the early registration rate period. Can I register a quest at any time after the March 31 deadline for the $395 price or does that price go up after the 31st as well?

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I booked my lodging yesterday and was surprised by that final total with an additional $15 a night fee as well as the higher taxes due to the higher base price. I have now found where it is listed, but it's not obvious (at least not to me!) so I want...

Community Participant
InstructureCon 2017
  • 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm looking to get some feedback on the lay of the land and various lodging areas at Keystone. We will most likely be booking on our own rather than the links to lodging provided by Canvas. Where do most of the activities take place? How about the se...

Community Participant
InstructureCon 2017
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 Replies

If an InstructureCon proposal (https://community.canvaslms.com/community/instcon/blog/2016/12/01/become-an-instcon17-presenter) has multiple co-presenters, does each co-presenter need to send in a consent and release form?

• 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Does anyone have any idea of the cost or content of the Pre Conference Sessions?  I am trying to budget and make plans.  My arrival depends on the preconference activities.

• 7 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Is there a price break on registration for conference presenters?

• 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

In the beginning, I was going to try and get my husband to come with me since I've never had to do a week trip by myself since we got married. We ended up deciding the week trip isn't worth taking his vacation time since we've got a lot going on this...

Instructure Alumni Instructure Alumni
InstructureCon 2017
  • 34 Likes
  • 99 Replies

Update for InstructureCon 2019:  InstructureCon 2019 will be held in Long Beach, California, which sits at an altitude of a whopping 52 feet. As such, my advance planning would mainly consist of remembering to pack sunscreen and sunglasses, as well a...

• 46 Likes
  • 31 Replies

I'm not seeing a breakdown of cost for pre-con workshops. I'm not seeing a list of pre-con workshops either. It would be nice to know the general price at least so I can put together a budget.

• 3 Likes
  • 1 Replies

My big questions is the cost of three guest passes for my wife and 2 boys to tag along with me would be almost $1200, not to mention the out of pocket additional cost of flights and transportation that would (rightfully) not be reimbursed by my insti...

• 15 Likes
  • 22 Replies

So I downloaded the app after purchasing my conference registration on the web.  When I open the app and go to Instructurecon, the only thing I'm able to do is buy another ticket for the event! It's like the app and the web are completely out of sync...

• 4 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Why settle for being an attendee at the greatest conference in EdTech when you can be famous as a presenter!? These five easy steps could be the path towards fame and fortune (err... okay, maybe not fortune, but at the very least some hefty conferenc...

Community Novice
InstructureCon 2017
  • 19 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi, just wondering if there will be a shuttle service running from the different village locations (River Run, Mountain House, etc.) to the Conference Center or will we need to get a car/cab/take public transit? Thanks!

• 6 Likes
  • 4 Replies