Photographs have the ability to capture moments, especially at InstructureCon.

BethCrook
Community Coach
Community Coach

Photographs have the ability to capture moments, preserving the essence of an event long after it's over, and allowing us to revisit cherished memories with vivid detail. They also tend to ignite excitement and anticipation for upcoming events and adventures that lie ahead.  As my memories keep reappearing in my social accounts over the past week or so of past InstructureCons, I find myself growing even more excited, if that's even possible, about our upcoming exploration together!

IMG_8474.JPG
2016 - Keystone Colorado "Camp Canvas"

284426_pastedImage_24 (1).png
2018 - Keystone Colorado #stepsforbeth crew after walking 17 million steps!

IMG_0042.JPG
2023 - Denver Colorado Panda opportunities are key!

Now share your favorite photos from past InstructureCons!  And if this is your first time attending, feel free to join into the conversation or ask questions!

7 Comments
ProfessorBeyrer
Community Coach
Community Coach

Thanks @BethCrook for sharing those pictures and for starting this discussion. My favorite is actually a video that I made in 2021, when InstructureCon was entirely online and I think asynchronous. I decided to see what would happen if I attended 24 sessions at the same time. The video/audio sync is a bit janky in the beginning, but it's easy to see why after I finish my explainer.

BethCrook
Community Coach
Community Coach
Author

WOW @ProfessorBeyrer ! 

knoxd
Community Coach
Community Coach

I'm so grateful for the photos I have - I love to remember the people I met and the high points of the keynotes as well as important nuggets of information from the sessions.  And then each year in my memories I love to be reminded of these memorable moments!  Can't wait to see you again in Vegas!

DrNufer
Community Coach
Community Coach

My first InstructureCon gave us MC Hammer, a time-traveling DeLorean, and plenty of 80's nostalgia.

IMG_2821.JPG

IMG_2766.JPG

Cool video of the DeLorean

The following year (2014) brought a blizzard - in June.  Okay, maybe not a storm, but enough dusting for us to build a snowman.

121.JPG

mjennings
Community Coach
Community Coach

Well looking over my pictures really revealed that I need to take more pictures. 🤣 

Here are a few through the years.

2014 - Calling All Heroes

2014-01.jpg

I'm from the south. This is the biggest snowman I have ever built and the only one in June!

2014-02.jpeg

My first conference presentation was at InstructureCon!

2015 - Student Centered Learning

2015-01.jpeg

Sneaky Selfie with Kenneth

2015-02.jpeg

My first Game Night. 

2015-03.jpeg

Sometimes making friends at Game Night finds you doing some things. Especially when you play until 1am.

2016 - Camp Canvas

😥 I didn't get to go to this one

2017 - 0017: Mission Possible

2017-01.JPG

This was the first time I got to bring my family. One of my favorite memories was getting out on the lake in the paddle boat with my boys.

2018 - InstructureCarn

2018-01.jpeg

Getting to meet Michael Bonner was a highlight.

2018-03.jpg

Theming for the carnival was outstanding. Even Panda got into it.

2018-02.jpeg

Of course it was great to win big at the closing celebration.

2019 - Learning Safari

2019-01.jpeg

2019-02.jpeg

Getting to hang out with these folks in California was a bonus.

2020 - CanvasCon online

2020.jpeg

It is was what it was and we did the best we could do.

2021 - InstructureCon online

2021.jpeg

Still trying to make the best of it, but definitely not the same.

2022 - ICON

2022.jpeg

2023 - Making Moments

2023-01.jpg

Back in person and I got to bring a team for the first time!

2023-02.jpg

Finally got to meet some people in person, like @christopher_gil 

2023-03.jpg

The Educational Moments of the Future Exhibit was amazing!

This year, I am going to try and capture a bit more. If you find me in Vegas, make sure we get a picture!

  

BethCrook
Community Coach
Community Coach
Author

I love your year to year collection, @mjennings   I vividly remember you pushing me on the sidewalk along the street back to our hotel one night.  I’m assuming that was Long Beach?

mjennings
Community Coach
Community Coach

Yes @BethCrook it was Long Beach. going from the aquarium part back over to hack night, if I remember correctly. Also one of my favorite memories. I was grateful to be able to do some small part to help out a fellow member of our Canvas family. It was truly my pleasure and a joy to push you along, meet your daughter and just get a few minutes to talk without the chaos of the rest of the conference around us.