cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul_goodenough
Community Member

Prognosis Test in Canvas

Jump to solution

We currently use the Orleans-Hanna and Iowa Algebra Aptitude test to assess our 6th grade student in math. Does anyone know if either publisher will allow us to add the questions from the paper versions of these assessments to Canvas? We would still purchase the booklets.  The publishers are Harcourt Brace and Riverside Publishing.  

1 Solution
clong
Community Champion

So to answer your question, yes it is possible. However you should ask your publisher if this is permitted as part of your licensing or textbook purchasing agreement.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
bbelew
Community Contributor

I'm not sure about that publisher but I know with some i've contacted in the past looking for test banks it hasn't been possible.  You might contact your sales rep with that company, they might offer it but it could also be an added cost.

pwalsh

I know our algebra teachers would love to know this as well. We are probably going to develop a screener test of our own for advanced pre-algebra, but we will continue to use Oleans-Hanna for algebra. Would love it to be online.

I've bookmarked this for myself in case anyone comes up with a good answer.

stephanie_pope
Community Champion

I'm not sure if the answers your question, but it may add for an interesting twist. We contract with Respondus, a third party quiz builder to quickly load, edit, and manage our quizzes outside of Canvas. They have a TON of publishers they partner with who provide question banks. I wonder if they are partnered with your publisher....something to think about.

Stephanie

clong
Community Champion

Many K12 publishers use the ExamView Program as their test bank and generation engine. It is possible to export an ExamView test and/or item bank as a QTI file then import it into Canvas as a QTI Quiz import.

Your mileage may vary with this but it can work. Here's a video I made with some step by step instructions: How to Import ExamView Question Bank/Test into Canvas LMS - YouTube

clong
Community Champion

So to answer your question, yes it is possible. However you should ask your publisher if this is permitted as part of your licensing or textbook purchasing agreement.