K12 Canvas Users Discussions

K12 Canvas Users questions and discussion forum

Is there a way to copy a question I used on a quiz to another quiz in the same course? I am not using a question bank at this time. but I would like to just copy a question from quiz A to quiz C on the same course. Thank you!

Community Explorer
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Students in our district are 1:1 with iPads and we also use Office 365. In past years, we used the Canvas Student app; however, there are a number of features available in the web version of Canvas that we wanted to begin to utilize more broadly. At ...

Community Member
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to hide the percentage of the different categories from the student view. I just want them to see their overall grade. I have had several students and parents confused by the breakdown for the total of the different categories. Even after sayi...

Community Member
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I want to use mastery paths, but I am wondering how the grading works.  By that I mean if a learner masters the subject quickly by completing the mastery assignment with say 10 points, but anther learner has to take a path with more learning that has...

Community Participant
K12 Canvas Users
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

I'm trying to find a way for my elementary teachers to work from one Course rather than multiple courses.   They want to put all subjects into one place - their "home base".  My thinking was that the only way to do that and still be able to sync the ...

Community Member
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi,We have a counselor using a public course, no student enrollments. She has posted announcements and they do not show in course navigation or on the homepage with the setting on to show Recent Announcements. Are announcements not an option in a Pub...

Community Participant
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We are a longtime user of the PowerSchool integration. As an Admin, I used to be able to click on the "Grade Sync" navigation option and see detailed information about syncs done by every teacher. The display included the teacher's name and the statu...

Community Champion
K12 Canvas Users
  • 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

I have a student whose Google Apps LTI will not authorize.  Keeps throwing an error that says Authentication Failed.  She is signed into a Chromebook, so I am not sure why the LTI won't authenticate.  I even tried it on my computer, signed in as her ...

Community Contributor
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi, I want students to be able to mark up a text digitally and return it to me as an assignment. Is there an existing Canvas function to do that or do I need to upload an App? I need something like Kami, but that is free and compatible with Canvas. M...

Community Novice
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

YOU GOT THIS! SURVIVING VIRTUAL SCHOOL THIS FALLThursday September 10th | 7:30 - 8:30 pm ETCalling all parents and guardians! After spending the last few weeks with 3,800+ educators from across the nation and abroad preparing for virtual learning, FI...

Community Coach Community Coach
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Can you cross-list SIS courses to a manually created course?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Good Morning,My younger sister, Demi Callie Dalumpines, is having trouble signing in the SSO, we have tried with multiple devices, and even tested if its also affecting our accounts, but it is only happening with hers. Whenever she tries to log in, s...

Community Member
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyoneHave moved from a Microsoft based school and Canvas to Google Classroom but no (currently) LMS/VLE.Am really interested to talk with/hear about peoples experiences of GSuite, Google Classroom, SSO and Google's integration with Canvas, part...

Community Coach Community Coach
K12 Canvas Users
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Are there any counselors out there?  How are you using Canvas to help your students?  All ideas are welcomed.

Community Member
K12 Canvas Users
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Does anyone have a video or materials for providing an orientation to Canvas for parents in K-2 and for students in K-2 using an iPad?Thanks so much for your guidance

Community Member
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am using canvasstudio & trying to make a screenc apture in Chrome on a 2020 MacBook Pro. I am recording myself typing a question into an O365 Word doc. Every single time I press the space bar, it engages the video editor on the top of my screen. It...

Community Member
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Has anyone downloaded Springboard Pre-AP materials into Canvas for English II students?  I am new to Canvas as well as Springboard - impressed by both.  Do not want to recreate materials in Canvas.  Thanks for any help.

• 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

1st year of going virtual here.  Looking at various pages in the Canvas Commons, it's difficult to know what to include in a course introduction module, especially for elementary students.  Where's the balance of too much information vs. too little? ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello EveryoneI look forward to working with you all this year!

Community Novice
K12 Canvas Users
  • 2 Likes
  • 0 Replies

We're using Canvas as our LMS this year and have also recently adopted Amplify ELA for curriculum.  We know we could have used Google Classroom with Amplify, but that's not an option this year.  Thanks in advance!Beth

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I would love to hear from you! I would like to get a group collaboration going with the goal of setting up Tina Hargaden's Stepping Stones curriculum structure  in Canvas. It could be as simple as embedding the Padlet into a Module; but since my dist...

• 12 Likes
  • 29 Replies

How are you onboarding parents with Canvas? We have a site now but I think we need to update it. What things do you have on your onboarding materials/sites? Would anyone be willing to link your sites here?I set this up but it was a tad rushed. It nee...

Community Participant
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have added Canvas Studio 7/1/20 in our k-12 public district. I'm trying to quickly learn Studio before my teachers return on July 17th. I am building a "Getting Started" module for students (and their parents) to leverage Canvas & O365 for student...

Community Member
K12 Canvas Users
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I went to connect a class to a OneNote Class Notebook and found it is no longer supported by Microsoft. Does anyone have a work around for this? 

Community Participant
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I know you can toggle on the elementary theme in Canvas but I really didn't see too much change when I did that. It was pretty much the same except the font changed a tad.Someone asked if we could make Canvas a little more elementary friendly, not re...

Community Participant
K12 Canvas Users
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'm working with a lot of my schools who are wanting elementary to get on the Canvas train for the fall but are wanting to incorporate what they already know - SeeSaw. So, in their template, we are incorporating SeeSaw launch page via the redirect to...

Community Participant
K12 Canvas Users
  • 3 Likes
  • 2 Replies

With the recent change that allows more than 3 announcements to be pinned to the top of a course homepage, our team decided to organize courses the same way teachers often do when they are in their classroom - by week.We are pinning 5 announcements, ...

Community Champion
K12 Canvas Users
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Just wondering how Early Years teachers are working through some of these challenges with their students away from school.Not being able to see all the children on the screen and also view yourself whilst presenting.Consideration of content and struc...

Community Explorer
K12 Canvas Users
  • 1 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hello! I'm a new member in the community; although, our district began our contract with Canvas in 2018. Like so many other districts, going remote made a compelling case for our LMS and now the district leadership team is on board to move to full ad...

Community Member
K12 Canvas Users
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am getting ready to do a PD training with teachers over collaborations.  I know how to create them, but had a question.  Is there a way to create the collaboration and include a Google Drive Template for the group to complete together?  Unless ther...

Community Contributor
K12 Canvas Users
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies