Missing student work when migrating old Moodle course

maria4
Community Novice

We're migrating from Moodlerooms to Canvas. I need to re-create an old course with its assignments complete, discussions, etc. 

I've:

1. created a course in my test instance,
  2. named it and gave it a Course Code and SIS ID (I used the same code for both),
  3. SIS imported users into the system,
  4. SIS imported enrollment into the course, and
  5. imported a Moodle export zip that contained content, users, and logs.

The problem: while enrollment went through (I see the users in the system and they seem to be enrolled into the course - are shown in People), I do not see any discussion posts they made, assignments they've submitted, nor any grades.

The issues I see listed for #5 above are simply, "Import Error: Module Item - "5.10 - Learning Plan Resources" and "Missing links found in imported content - Wiki Page body" so if anyone could shed light on where to go next, that would be great. 

Thank you very much in advance.

4 Comments
kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you can import in student submissions for discussions, assignments, etc. I say that because you can't even do that from a Canvas course to another Canvas course. 

maria4
Community Novice

Oh, hmm. I could have sworn we were told we could...

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

We came over from Angel so it could be possible in Moodle, it just didn't seem likely. Hopefully someone who came over from Moodle can weigh in on this. 

kona
Community Coach
Community Coach

maria, I just got the following confirmation from  @dwillmore ‌, "I didn't want to join the group, but we were Moodle and user data, including grades did not migrate."

Sorry for the bad news, but I hope it helps.