cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Member

Grade Book with two Grading Schemes

I would like to set up a course as follows:  Three equally weighted exams will count 75% of the final grade.  Ten quizzes which make up the remainder 25% of the final grade.  I would like to set it up so that  if the average of the three exams is less than 70%, then the final grade will be only the average of the three exams.  If the average of the three exams is greater than 70% then the three exams plus the quizzes will make up the final grade.

Appreciate any help!

Thank you,

Ross Longley

rlongley@arcomedu.org

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Explorer

Hi rlongley@arcomedu.org‌,

I know of no way to have Canvas use your conditional dropping rule. For a workaround, you could (1) hide the totals that Canvas calculates, (2) add an assignment called "Conditional Total," (3) use the export CSV feature to calculate the values based on students' exam and quiz scores, then (4) import the CSV to Canvas so students can view their totals. Canvas won't hide the assignment, since it's not a total Canvas calculated. Guides for these steps are:
How do I hide totals in my students' grade summaries?

How do I export grades in the Gradebook?

How do I import grades in the Gradebook?

0 Kudos