How do I sync my course gradebook from Canvas to ProgressBook?
If your institution has configured the Canvas ProgressBook SIS integration, you can sync your Canvas gradebook grades to your ProgressBook gradebook using Grade Passback (GPB).
GPB Guidelines and Restrictions
GBP only works when you comply with the following requirements:
- An assignment name must be 30 characters or fewer.
- The course and any assignments must be published.
- Assignments must belong to an assignment group imported from ProgressBook.
- Assignments must be set to sync to ProgressBook.
- Assignments must be assigned to the entire course or section. ProgressBook does not support GPB for differentiated assignments.
- Assignments must include a due date that is the same for all students in the section or course.
In Course Navigation, click the Grades link.
Open Sync to SIS
In the course Gradebook, click the Actions menu . Then select the Sync to SIS option .
Review Grade Sync Request
From the Sync Grades modal you can review and modify the assignments and grades included in your grade sync request.
By default, all course sections are selected for grade sync. To filter the grade sync by section, click the Filter by section drop-down menu , then select the sections you want to sync.
View a list of all assignments set up for SIS sync, including the assignment name , due date , and last sync date . To sort the list by ascending or descending name or date order, click the header Sort icon .
By default, all assignments are selected for SIS sync. To deselect an assignment, click the assignment checkbox . Alternatively, you can deselect all assignments by clicking the Assignment Name checkbox . Deselected assignments are not included in the SIS sync.
To sync grades, click the Post Grades button .
View Grade Sync Progress
After posting grades, the Grade Sync modal displays a Scheduled notification . To view grade sync progress in your course, click the Click to see progress link .