cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Explorer III

Select App: Insert icon instead of pointer shape?

Jump to solution

When I click the Apps (plug) icon, as I hover my mouse over one of the app titles, the mouse shape is the Insert icon (like the capitol “I”). Below is a screen shot. Does anyone else get this?

• When I hover over the description, the mouse cursor is the pointer (as expected).
  • But I just get the Insert cursor shape over the app title. I can click on the app title and it opens the app OK.

Watch this video to see what it looks like.

Select app cursor the shape of the insert icon

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, Sylvia,

Someone else just submitted a similar question about this and had submitted a support case. In investigating the case our engineering team has received a ticket and it's waiting to be triaged. If you'd like a status update please submit a case and ask to associate it with LA-679.

Thanks,

Erin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Highlighted
Learner II

I also have noticed this. It's likely an oversight that hopefully will be addressed before this is released in production. In terms of web development the cursor can be changed with CSS styles, and I imagine that it would be better to use the pointer icon for selecting apps/resources under the plug icon in the new RCE.

Highlighted
Community Team
Community Team

Hi, Sylvia,

Someone else just submitted a similar question about this and had submitted a support case. In investigating the case our engineering team has received a ticket and it's waiting to be triaged. If you'd like a status update please submit a case and ask to associate it with LA-679.

Thanks,

Erin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community Advocate
Community Advocate

I am experiencing this also. It's difficult to explain but the UX for the last stage of adding an app feels a bit off, even with the pointer. Apologies if I have overlooked something but are there any plans to look at this or ideas that I can vote on regarding this?

Highlighted

Hi, Maeve,

The engineering ticket has not been picked up yet. We also show there are only a couple of support cases reported, so if you haven't I'd encourage you to submit a support case. Cases help our engineering teams prioritize tickets appropriately as they are affecting customers.

Thank you!

Erin

Highlighted

Will do, thanks erinhallmark Just a quick query- are there any plans/ideas regarding the UX of adding apps when using the New RCE? Thanks, m.mccooey@qub.ac.uk

Highlighted

Hi, Maeve,

You'd probably be interested in the latest blog post from our product manager about what's coming for the RCE. It's linked in the sidebar of our Ideas page: https://community.canvaslms.com/community/ideas 

Thanks!

Erin

Highlighted

Fantastic thanks erinhallmark I'll take a look at that right now. For anyone else with the same perception of adding an app, I did find and upvoted this idea https://community.canvaslms.com/ideas/17325-apps-feature-in-new-rce