Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

Hey,I've been trying to come up with a course template that's easy to use, helps teachers to structure their content, and supports different kinds of learning.I would really appreciate your feedback.This is what I came up with:I've rearranged the nav...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 7 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Hi Admins, is it possible to change/edit the names of course roles within Canvas? .i.e. editing the name of the role "teacher" to something more fitting to the naming conventions used in my institution? Or will I be better off creating a custom role ...

• 2 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello - looking for guidance!We have built assignments/activities in Storyline 3, and imported into Canvas using SCORM, as a graded assignment. We need to make an edit to the Storyline files (of course... never fails).The course is a live asynchronou...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Any ID's using a systematic evaluation plan for your institution? Looking for a place to start, advice, models.

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Has anyone discovered a way to hide quizzes after a student has taken them and received feedback once?  I have a professor who wants to have students take a quiz and see the responses they selected at the end of the quiz and then have the quiz questi...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

We have teachers in Chemistry who need students to be able to 'draw' and submit such mystical things as this:[edit: this image won't embed for some reason but you can see it here]I've seen feature requests for stylus drawing in Canvas (like this one)...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How do I print in Speed grader so annotated comments are visible

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When an instructor sends an email to a large class, they get individual emails in sent box. There is a control to not send individual emails, but it is greyed out for big courses.In one of our courses (900 students), every time an email is sent to cl...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 5 Likes
  • 7 Replies

This may sound like a ridiculous question but has anyone had an issue where you knew you had graded a section or an assignment and when you went back later, now of the grades were there?  I know that sound crazy but it has happened to me at least onc...

• 3 Likes
  • 8 Replies

Im new in HCC and Im confuse of how Canvas work especially how to create the account itself #newstudent‌

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I noticed the appearance and size of the rubric in the speed grader recently changed. I don't think this is anything I did but site wide. The size of the rubric table is now so large that I have to constantly scroll to get to the columns I need. Any ...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Or the lowest values for that matter?  Without clicking each one individually?I have my rubrics set up with lots of criteria (20-30) each worth between 0 and 3 points.  I use the rubrics to grade lab reports and generally students receive full credit...

• 1 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Some assignments do not have the option to duplicate:Does anyone know if there are any reasons why an assignment wouldn't have the "duplicate" option?  It is NOT an assignment with an external tool. Thanks!

• 2 Likes
  • 12 Replies

How do I suspend a student's account ?

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

As a university, we haven't played much with the "Observer" role and our user creation and enrollment is centrally managed so we don't allow self-registration.  However, now there is some interest in granting some advisors an observer status for some...

• 4 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I understand that Canvas is very sensitive when it comes to student "fill in the blank" responses. This year I am having to address more issues with quizzes than previous years. I am reinforcing the habit with my students to check spelling and rules ...

• 1 Likes
  • 6 Replies

Guys, I'm trying to create a circular menu similar to the one below in Canvas, but the limitations of HTML are not allowing me. Has anyone tried to do something like this?

• 15 Likes
  • 36 Replies

I submitted the wrong assignment and I dont know how to unsubmit it .

• 5 Likes
  • 11 Replies

We are having issues with students being able to view Speedgrader annotations on only one file, that is, the file they most recently submitted. It is common for students to submit more than one document for any one assignment - often submitting sever...

• 2 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Hi there,Having looked at the filtering options in the Analytics Beta it would be great to filter by Assignment Group and not just all Assignments.This would enable us to view analytics for just summative tasks within the course rather than having to...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 6 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Missing last interaction for all students. 

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When emailed the students, we need to know which assignment we are emailing them about. It would be beneficial to automatically populate the subject line with the  Assignment Name. Otherwise we have to keep going back to the prior screen to see and c...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

The data (%) is not changing when data types are checked or unchecked (Assignments, Discussions, Quizzes

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Headers need to be wrapped. Can't see what the full topic is. 

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I get rid of the "Course Summary" at the bottom of my syllabus? The dates that appear there are left over from other courses and confusing to this semester's students.  However, I cannot figure out how to delete them.Any suggestions are much a...

• 4 Likes
  • 11 Replies

When I am trying to review my quizzes, I am unable to view the details of the questions when I have more than 25 questions. I must go into Edit in order to see the details.  Furthermore, there is no indication of what number the question is.  I was s...

• 11 Likes
  • 16 Replies

How do I see student comments on assignments? They can find a link to my comments on their grade list, but I don't have a place to access (or even know they've made) student comments on assignments without going through each person on SpeedGrader.Is ...

• 3 Likes
  • 12 Replies

When I click "update question" after changing the point value and save the assignment, the assignment preview updates, but the student's submissions in SpeedGrader still have the original point values.

• 4 Likes
  • 11 Replies

I would like to voice strong objections to the recent change in rubrics, adding color coding to the scores, with green for the highest scores and then orange and red for lower scores. I emphasize to my students that a C or B is a good score, but now ...

Community Contributor
Canvas Question Forum
  • 62 Likes
  • 19 Replies

Hello,I've been assigned a peer review for english class, but it isn't available. My teacher told me to ask about it here.

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies