0 Likes
(10)

In exploring the "Pretty" HTML Editor, I have found that using Ctrl-F to find elements on a page does not work properly. This slows down use of an editor that has visual benefits when designing pages.

I have a test page I've been using to test something I was working on to get the look right. The page has several different versions of a common list, resulting in 35 individual list elements. I use Ctrl-F a lot to look for specific things when editing to more quickly make specific edits. When I do a search for <li on the Raw Editor, there are 35 instances on the page. If I switch to the Pretty Editor, it only finds 13. It seems to focus only on the elements visible on the page, plus a few extra (the extras almost match what would be seen if you hit Page Down once). On normal pages, where I might have specific marker text to search for, Ctrl-F won't find it because it is too far down the page. 

That the ability to search in the Pretty Editor is so drastically hindered makes using the it a bit more cumbersome. Hopefully, this is due to an error that can be corrected.

EDIT: I had tried turning off extensions in Chrome. That does not fix the Ctrl-F issue for me. Also, switching to Incognito mode did not correct the issue with Ctrl-F.

EDIT 2: Support Case Number 07378535

This widget could not be displayed.
Who rated this idea