Changing the placement of a Edu App (prebuilt LTI)

Jump to solution
clong
Community Champion

Hi All, I've just installed Zaption from the App Center at the account level and noticed the app was placed in:

• Course Navigation
  • Editor Button
  • Assignment Selection
  • Link Selection

Any ideas on how I can remove it from the course navigation so it won't appear in all courses?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
RobDitto
Community Champion

Provided courses aren't already working with this tool, here's a manual version of  @James ' approach which you could try:

1. Customizing the tool's XML configuration
  2. Deleting the app from the account where you originally deployed it
  3. Adding the app again, this time By XML using customized XML (rather than By URL)

To do step 1, start with the XML currently returned by the vendor's EduAppCenter link:

https://www.zaption.com/lti.xml

Copy that into a text editor.  Inside this HTML element (similar to an HTML tag):

<lticm:options name="course_navigation">

</lticm:options>

Add this line:

<lticm:property name="default">disabled</lticm:property>

After re-adding the app, the effect will be that Zaption starts out as a hidden tab in Settings > Navigation.

Since we don't use Zaption currently at our institution, I don't know for sure that the steps above will work.  However, this same technique has worked with other XML tools we use here.  You may want to check with Zaption, both about compatibility with the "default"=disabled property and about long-term maintainability in case they need to revise their standard XML configuration in the future.

View solution in original post