This feature is currently in BETA with a TBD release date for PROD
What is Live Events?
How Do I Start to Receive Live Events?
In order to receive Live Events, you will need to do the following:
Step 1: Configure AWS SQS
We do not support FIFO (.fifo) queues since Live Events is architected already to order the data before sending.
1) Create a new SQS queue
2) When naming your new SQS queue, ensure that the name BEGINS with the text 'canvas-live-events'
3) Give Instructure's AWS account access to your SQS queue by adding the following permission (Queue Actions -> Add a New Permission) to your SQS policy: Resource: arn:aws:sqs:us-east-1:<your aws account id>:<queue name>
A full example of an SQS policy that grants cross-account access looks like this:
"Resource": "arn:aws:sqs:us-east-1:<your account id>:canvas-live-events"
Step 2: Configure Live Events in Canvas Data Portal
1. In Account Navigation, click the link.
2. Select the "Live Events" Tab at the top of the page
3. Give your subscription a name and provide your SQS URL
4. Decide which subscriptions you would like to receive.
5. Select "Create" at the bottom of the page to save your settings
Event Points Currently in Live Events
List of current subscriptions can be found here: Live Events (experimental) - Canvas LMS REST API Documentation