How do I get help with the Canvas Parent app on my iOS device?

Document created by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Apr 19, 2017Last modified by Canvas Doc Team Employee on Mar 16, 2020
Version 16Show Document
  • View in full screen mode

From the Help Menu, you can reference the Canvas Guides, report a problem with the app, request a new feature, and view the Terms of Use.

Open User Menu

Open User Menu

Tap the Menu icon.

Open Help

Open Help

Tap the Help link.

Note: Depending on your institution, the Help link name and icon may vary.

View Help Menu

View Help Menu

Depending on your user role, there are three default links for help or feedback:

• Search the Canvas Guides [1]: Search the Canvas Guides for information about features inside of Canvas
  • Report a Problem [2]: Submit problems with Canvas to our support team
  • Submit a Feature Idea [3]: Submit ideas about how to make Canvas better

Your institution may reorder or remove the default links. Your institution may also include custom links in the Help menu.

Custom links may include pages to phone numbers, support information, and other resources.

Open Canvas Guides

Open Canvas Guides

To search the Canvas Guides, tap the Search the Canvas Guides link. The app will open your mobile browser and display the Canvas Guides search page.

Report a Problem

Report a Problem

If you encounter a problem in the Parent app, tap the Report a Problem link.

Add Email

Add Email

Type your email address in the Your Email field.

Create Subject

Create Subject

The Parent app automatically creates a message that includes your Canvas URL and the version of the Parent app you are using.

Type an email subject in the Subject field.

Choose Impact Level

Choose Impact Level

In the Impact field, tap the Select One link.

Select Impact Level

Select Impact

Tap the text phrase that best fits how the problem is affecting you.

Send Message

Send Message

Compose your message in the text field [1], then tap the Send link [2].

Submit a Feature Idea

Request a Feature

If you have a feature you'd like to see in the Parent app, tap the Submit a Feature Idea link. The app will open your mobile browser and display the Canvas Ideas page.

You are here
Table of Contents > Observers > How do I get help with the Canvas Parent app on my iOS device?

Attachments

Outcomes