Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I view a course syllabus in the Parent app on my iOS device?

Find your school's Canvas URL

To find your school or institution's Canvas URL, begin typing the name of your school/institution. Results will appear after you type at least 3 characters. For best results be as specific as possible. If you can't find your school, try using any part of your school's name or searching for your school district or state. You may also need to search for the school using the acronym or full name, for example "USU" and "Utah State University".

How do I view a course syllabus in the Parent app on my iOS device?

You can view a course syllabus for the student(s) you are observing in the Parent app.

Note: A course syllabus will only display if the course has a populated Syllabus page in Canvas.

View Courses

View Courses

By default, the Parent app displays the courses list for the student you are viewing [1].

To view another student's account, select a name from the Student drop-down menu [2].

Open Course

Open Course

To view course information, tap the name of a course.

View Syllabus

View Syllabus

To view the course syllabus, tap the Syllabus tab.

Note: The Syllabus tab will only display if the course has a populated Syllabus page in Canvas.

View Course Summary

View Course Summary

To view a summary of the course's assignments and events, tap the Summary tab [1].

Assignments are indicated by the Assignments icon [2], and events are indicated by the Calendar icon [3].

To view the details for the assignment or event, tap the title of the item [4].

Note: If your instructor hides the course summary in the browser version of your course, it will be hidden in the Parent app.

Was this article helpful? Yes No
Have a question about Canvas Mobile? Ask in the Q&A forum:
Embed this guide in your Canvas course:

Note: You can only embed guides in Canvas courses. Embedding on other sites is not supported.