Import calendar from ICS file

Idea created by Beth Young on Apr 16, 2015
    Radar
    Score204
      Idea is currently in Product Radar Learn more about this stage...

Idea will be open for vote May 5th - August 5th, 2015  Learn more about voting...

I am aware that we can export our canvas calendar feed to another calendar but it would be nice to import calendar feeds too.

For example, I would like to be able to import my institution's academic calendar into canvas. I find myself having to re-enter important dates so that I can see them as I schedule assignments and tests--it seems silly to have to retype them when they are available as an ics file, if only I could import it.

Originally suggested on the old forum by Michael Young.

Comments from Instructure...

September 2015 update from Peyton Craighill Admin

The bad news: this doesn't fit neatly into any of our development plans in the next six months. The good news: it's small enough that it doesn't need to fit neatly into any of our development plans to get done. I'm archiving this idea because we can't commit to it, but know that it's still on the radar (in my brain, and more formally, in the backlog). This thread is attached to the backlog item, so feel free to continue posting additional thoughts/questions/rants/ideas/complaints/reflections.