Leave Admin Account Items in Sidebar

Idea created by awilliams Administrator on Apr 17, 2015
    In Development
    Score94
      Idea is currently in development

Idea will be open for vote May 5th, 2015 - August 5th, 2015  Learn more about voting...

So in my daily duties as Canvas admin I have to search for courses and users over and over again from different locations within Canvas. It would be quite convenient if the 'Find a Course,' 'Find a User,' 'Add a New Course,' 'Add a New User,' and 'View Analytics' items that appear in the sidebar when you select an account were visible to admins in the sidebar at all times. Included is an image of the items I'm referring to. At minimum the first two "Find a ..." should be included but I see no reason not to just leave all 5 items visible in sidebar for admins.

Screen Shot 2015-04-17 at 11.24.39 AM.png

Comments from Instructure...

October 2015 update from Cosme Salazar

I have good news. We have engineers working on updating the interface for the course and users search right now. This feature will roll out to beta in the next release or two, and I would love to get your thoughts on the new design and whether this meets your needs in the newly designed state.

August update from Cosme Salazar

I love this idea. I talked to one of our designers about this workflow and we are still considering a few different ways this could be shown in the UI (right sidebar, in the sidebar for the new navigation, etc.). Give me a couple weeks to work through a few options, and I will give an update when we have a propsed path forward.