Unfortunate Audio Icon Needs Replacing

Idea created by Peter Bruni on Oct 8, 2015
    Radar
    Score129
      Idea is currently in Product Radar Learn more about this stage...

Idea open for vote Wed. November 4, 2015 - Wed. February 3, 2016  Learn more about voting...

Linking to an audio file I get a large slightly rectangular playback icon on my course page (shown below). This graphic is way too large and the wrong shape. What I want in its place is the thin horizontal black playback line (shown below) that comes up after I click the grotesque icon. Can you fix this so all users see is the thin black playback line?  Thank you for your efforts at this!

Screen Shot 2015-10-08 at 9.31.42 AM.pngScreen Shot 2015-10-08 at 9.30.49 AM.png

Comments from Instructure

February 2016 update from Allison Weiss

Thanks, everyone, for your comments. I'm hearing two things from the discussion here: one, that it would be nice to have a little more flexibility about how a video or audio clip is presented on the page and two, it might be worth looking at a more modern "thumbnail" look and feel. Both are valid ideas. I will share this with the team that handles media in Canvas. Please be aware, however, that this is not a near-term priority.

Keep commenting, though, and we'll archive this one until we can focus more of our attention on media presentation and media management.