[Modules] Publish / Unpublish ALL Option

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Instead of having to click every single item in a long list to Publish or Unpublish them all, it would save a lot of time if we had the option to "Publish All" or "Unpublish All". It would be even slicker if we could select or highlight a large group of multiple items (though not necessarily all of them) to publish or unpublish all at once.

Added to Theme

121 Comments
scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hello Julia,

Thank you for submitting this feature idea.  Just FYI I tested creating a new module, creating two new pages, adding them to the module and then publishing the module.  Publishing the module did not also publish the pages in the module.

I'll go ahead and open your feature idea for vote with the cohort that opens today.

gschultz
Community Contributor

I just created a page today on course clean-up​ and one of the first comments was there a unpublish/publish all pages.  I did a search and found your suggestion. Hope this can get some steam.  Good Luck.

bweston
Community Novice

This is my wish also!

wmack
Community Novice

This would be great to have on both the Assignments and Modules page.  My professors were asking for this feature today.

borend
Community Novice

This will not let me vote?  I think this is a very good idea.

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Debra,

You should be able to vote if you are logged in (and you have to have been logged in in order to comment).  You might try refreshing the page before selecting the up or down vote buttons.  Just now in testing I first voted down and then before I could change my vote to an up vote I had to refresh the page.

2016-08-30_0746 - Scott.Dennis's library

borend
Community Novice

It let me vote it down, and then change to an up vote just now....

Thank you.

Debra Boren

CADD Technology

On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 8:49 AM, scottd@instructure.com <

scottdennis
Instructure
Instructure

Yeah!

BethCrook
Community Contributor

A great example of how we could use this here is when I'm creating new courses for the new year and copying last year's course into the new course, I would LOVE to be able to copy last year's course and mark everything unpublished as default.  Then the teacher has the complete course, but can release items as he/she wishes to the students in the new year.

sthomas41
Community Novice

This does not seem to work the same way for me.  I had a module all set up the way I wanted it, with some items unpublished (only for my eyes) and some published (so my students could see this, too).  Then when I clicked on publish the module, EVERYTHING inside the module was then published.  I had to quickly go back and and re-set every file/etc. that was for me only to "unpublish."  Very frustrating.  I like the idea of highlighting areas and hit publish.