tracking instructor activity

Jump to solution
dwaters
Community Novice

How do i track instructor activity, generate those reports, etc?

on the instructor profile page, I see I can dl a csv, but the csv is not complete in that what i can scroll on the profile page in terms of page views is limited in the csv

is there a report that tracks time spent within a course?

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

@qnguyen ​, I'm sure using some back-end programming this information is available. From the front end Canvas admin settings I'm not sure of a good or perfect way to do this. Your best bet would be to play around with some of the Admin reports that are available (Admin area in Canvas --> Settings --> Reports) and see if they can provide what you want. For example, there's a report you can run that will show all "Unused Courses." If your Instructors should be building in their course(s) then you could use this to track down who might not be doing anything.

View solution in original post

@qnguyen ​ - Yes, it is absolutely possible to get the data.  We built Instructor Insight (screen shot above) using data available via the API. So it's all there.  However, we spent a lot of programming cycles in building a UI to present the data in a usable format.

View solution in original post