Canva for Education LTI 1.3 - Remove Course Navigation!

Jump to solution
wojcika
Community Explorer

We recently purchased Canva for Education. When installed at the root level it enables the Canva for Education course navigation option for every single course. I want to use Postman API calls to disable it and allow users to enable it if they want to use it. When I flip the course_navigation "enabled" option from true to false it disappears from Navigation (in the course settings) and leaves it in the Course Navigation (on the left side in Canvas) menu. If any has guidance how to disable but leave in Navigation please let me know.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
jmurray6
Community Participant

Enabled=false is essentially turning it off, so that's why that makes it disappear completely.  When you switched to default=disabled, did you try to create a new course after that? It's been awhile since I did this - so I can't remember if the default state flag only impacts newly provisioned courses or not (as it's a "default" state that can be overridden by the UI - so it might not impact already provisioned courses....only the state of the UI initially). I do remember that I did this with 5 LTIs when I first ran it (and was doing this shortly before we provisioned a new term) and it's worked as intended ever since - none of the 5 are never enabled when we provision a new term or manually create a new course. They have to be toggled in the navigation settings.

View solution in original post