[Account Settings] Default grading scheme

This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta •  How do I access the Canvas beta environment?

For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2024-11-16) 

Problem statement:

When I came to this institution, the default grading scheme did not match the grading scheme printed in the catalog. This needed to be changed. The existing grading scheme was not editable as it had been used in previous terms and was set as the default, meaning it was automatically associated with all newly created courses. In setting up the new grading scheme to match the institutional catalog, I was not able to set this scheme as the default as there is no option to do so.

Proposed solution:

Canvas support informed me that I would need to enter hundreds of courses to set this as the grading scheme each term or have instructors set it themselves. These are not efficient methods and I would like to request that the engineers at Canvas add an option when creating a new grading scheme to set it as the default to override previous settings.

User role(s):

admin

1 Comment
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: In Development
  Comments from Instructure

This feature is available in Beta. For more information, please read through the Canvas Release Notes (2024-11-16) 

How do I access the Canvas beta environment as an instructor?