[Accounts] Sub-Account view expand option

Problem statement:

When there are Sub-Accounts with more than one level of nesting, they are not displayed in the list of Sub-Accounts. This makes it impossible to find a grandchild Sub-Account through the parent's listing; each child sub-account needs to be opened separately to view it's own child Sub-Accounts (what I'm calling grandchild Sub-Accounts above). Example of structure: Institution -Sub-Account child 1 --Sub-Account grandchild 1.1 --Sub-Account grandchild 1.2 -Sub-Account child 2 And Display: Institution -Sub-Account child 1 -Sub-Account child 2

Proposed solution:

Allow facility to view Sub-Account Sub-Accounts in the root institution view; through an 'expand all' button, accordion, accordion expansion, or other enhancement. This will allow root admins to fully view the Sub-Account structure for their institutions in one place to ensure consistency, compliance, easy reference, and ability to discover Sub-Account grandchildren not currently visible when viewing the structure tree.

User role(s):

admin,designer

Added to Theme

Save Admins Time and Clicks Theme Status: Identified

1 Comment
jpoulos
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Added to Theme

Thanks for the submission @Mikee! I've added this to the "Save Admins Time and Clicks" theme, as I think it makes a lot of sense there.