Add vimeo in canvas studio

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Is would be great if there is a way we could add a Vimeo link, like YouTube, in Canvas Studio.   Will this be a feature in the development?

18 Comments
Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: In Development

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team

@AkosFarago - Thank you for the update! That will definitely be well-received by faculty. The flexibility will be appreciated. 🙂

lsercombe
Community Member

@AkosFarago That is great news! I can't wait as I have many Vimeo clips that I would love to use in my courses.

AkosFarago
Instructure
Instructure

Hi @Cambras , @klundstrum@abailey2 , @joshmckibbin ,@angel_batt@palmarinich@lsercombe ,

We have just deployed Vimeo support for Studio today! Please do not hesitate to share any feedback, we would be grateful to hear your experience.

A quick additional information - we are investigating if captions pre-uploaded on Vimeo side could be automatically pushed to Studio or not, if that's the case we'll later add that functionality too! In the meantime, manual caption upload works as usual!

Best,

Akos

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Completed
Comments from Instructure

Studio supports media uploads from Vimeo. Once a Vimeo video is added in Studio, users can add annotationsshare access, and manage the media using the media tabs.

For more information, please read through the  Studio Release Notes (2021-09-27).

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed