[Assignments] Add Save Button to Assignments

Create a second option for saving at the top of the screen for Assignments.

8 Comments
Kelvin_Dean
Community Contributor

Diane, were you referring to saving an assignment as a draft for students?

From Blackboard: "When finished, make sure to click Submit. Optionally, click Save as Draft to save changes and continue working later, or click Cancel to quit without saving changes."

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

@Kelvin_Dean ‌, I understood this to be a request specific to the instructor side for an additional Save button to display at the top as part of the assignment-creation process, and moved it forward on that basis. I'd be curious to hear what Diane intended.

edgard
Community Member

Hi, Kelvin:  Stefanie's interpretation is correct and I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I'm actually relaying a request from several of my teachers. They are frustrated because they are forgetting to save after they create a page or an assignment and losing lots of time and effort in the process. They would like to have a save button at the top as well as the bottom just so it's a bit more obvious.  Thanks.

Stef_retired
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

Thanks, Diane, for confirming that.

zwxq
Community Explorer

On EVERY edit page...put save/cancel buttons at both top and bottom

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

mlabbett
Community Participant
Problem statement:

Scrolling down to save an assignment is minimal but can be tedious when updating multiple pages. Having an additional "cancel/Save" button at the top pf the page will save time when updating assignments. This could also be applied for all content pages and discussions.

Proposed solution:

Having an additional "cancel/Save" button at the top pf the page will save time when updating assignments. This could also be applied for all content pages and discussions.

User role(s):

admin,instructor,ta,designer