[Feedback] Ability to scroll through submissions while making audio/video comments

My students have submitted essays and I want to use the voice recognition or the video record feature to give them feedback but I am unable to scroll through their submission while I make these comments. To use these features on a long essay, I have to make note of the comments I want to make before recording and then go back through it again to record it which defeats the point of saving time by using it while I am scoring it. 

5 Comments
ctitmus
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni
Status changed to: Open

pecchiog
Community Participant

Agree 100% with @rshortphs. I have teachers who have noted this same thing.

Possible options:

1. Have separate buttons for audio and video feedback. In the audio feedback, remand the scrolling control to the left side-window. 

2. Make the standard size of the video feedback box smaller and built into the right hand side of the window. Allow scrolling to control the left side only, or allow toggling between them based on recent clicks. 

This would be a really valuable tool and prevent teachers from needing to make lengthy screencasts, thereby uploading large files onto Canvas. 

starkb
Community Member

This would be a huge help for our teachers.  Love the idea!

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme