[Gradebook Settings] "Grade Release Date" Option in Assignment Settings

Since the changes to the gradebook last year, it would be really beneficial to have an additional option when setting up assignment regarding overriding the grade posting policy. 

Can we please have an additional button in the "Assign" section so that, regardless of whether the anonymous settings are enabled or not, staff can enter the date that grades will be posted. At the moment our lecturers need to set up assignments two different ways (depending on whether assignments are anonymous or not) to stop grades from being released early to students.

Screenshot 2020-12-02 at 14.23.39.png

Added to Theme

Improve Gradebook settings options Theme Status: Identified

29 Comments
cab11c
Community Novice

Please add a feature that allows teachers to schedule when the scores for graded assignments will be posted for students. 

It contributes to a harried experience for students when they receive notifications about their grades at random times depending on when I complete grading their assignments and posting their scores (when the grade posting policy is set to "Manual"). I would prefer to be able to set a regular time each week when grades will post so that students will know when to expect it (and so that they won't be distracted with notifications at other times). Ideally, the feature would allow me to schedule grade posting for specific assignments or for the grade book as a whole.

bxf13b
Community Participant

This is a much-needed feature. Please consider it!

Novemelen
Community Member

Yes, that would be definitly the best way! We also check the grades twice to make sure all grades are correct. And we have to wait for internal approval. If students see it immediately and anything changes later, we have a lot of discussions with them.
We have to set this function to "post grades manually" for EACH course.

Maria_WU
Community Member

I fully support this idea! I was delighted for having a "due date" and an "available until" date. I was looking for a "Grade Release Date" for our grade-relevant quizzes since starting with using this learning platform. I'd be so happy to find it as soon as possible!

Eric_Leupold
Community Member

I love the idea and in addition to being able to set a specified date in the assignment settings I would also love a more course wide mode or Assignment specific where in addition to Automatic and Manual there is a Schedule option.  With this option you could specify how many days after the Due Date or Ends date the grades will automatically post.  This will make course management much easier for instructors.

WendyBeautyman
Community Member

this sounds like something that would be extremely useful, please do implement it soon

WendyBeautyman
Community Member

this sounds like something that would be extremely useful, please do implement it soon

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme