[Rubrics] Allow Importing of Rubrics from csv Format

Similar to a previously archived idea here: (Create rubrics offline and then upload.), it would be very, very helpful to be able to create a rubric offline and then import it into either the course or to a specific assignment.

The interface to create a rubric requires extensive clicking and is very time-consuming, especially if I am working off a rubric provided by publisher (it contains maybe 30 different criteria).

If we could create it in say Excel, export it into .csv format, and then import it into either the course or a specific assignment, it would be much faster. In Excel, we have a complete grid available so we can enter points and titles very quickly.

Added to Theme

Improved rubric creation and usability Theme Status: In Development

33 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Added to Theme

AUBREYROBERTSON
Community Member
Problem statement:

Sometimes, I track student feedback in a spreadsheet (during a live discussion, for example). Sometimes, I use spreadsheets to grade (on paper) essays. It would be great to be able to upload this feedback and have it fill student rubrics in one step versus having to go through the SpeedGrader to manually fill out each rubric.

Proposed solution:

Allow a CSV upload of student feedback so that rubrics will be completed for all students at once versus going through the SpeedGrader tool to complete feedback---even speedier grading!

User role(s):

instructor,ta,designer