Sort Assignments in Gradebook by Module

This idea has been developed and deployed to Canvas

Idea open for vote Wed. October 5, 2016 - Wed. January 4, 2017  Learn more about voting...

I think it would be helpful for there to by an option to sort the assignments in the gradebook by the order they are in for a module. This would be much easier for many of our instructors to see all students progress at the same time and see which assignments need to be graded for a module rather than scrolling to the different assignment groups. This would be especially helpful for competency based education since we cannot really assign due dates because of how students start and progress through a course.

Comments from Instructure

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2017-11-18) 

For additional information about the New Gradebook, please visit New Gradebook Users Group and the Canvas Release: New Gradebook document.

16 Comments
timothy_maw
Community Champion
Author

I was really excited to see the new gradebook at InstructureCon and found out that one of the options will be to organize by module. This will such a nice feature for our us.

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team

This idea is in development as part of Priority: Gradebook Enhancements‌ phase 1.

Some of the phase 1 features are available for testing via the Focus Group: New Gradebook‌.  If you do not have access you can request it through your local Canvas admin or CSM (customer success manager).

Renee_Carney
Community Team
Community Team
This idea has been developed and is On Canvas Beta How do I access the Canvas beta environment?

For more information, please read through the Canvas Beta Release Notes (2017-11-06) .

For additional information about the New Gradebook, please visit New Gradebook Users Group and the Canvas Release: New Gradebook document.

erinhmcmillan
Instructure Alumni
Instructure Alumni

For more information, please read through the Canvas Production Release Notes (2017-11-18) 

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: New

KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Completed