[Studio] Create a Studio Chrome Extension for quick screen/web cam recordings

screen recording.gifI suggest that Canvas develop a Chrome Extension for Canvas Studio. There are so many times when reporting a bug or wanting to share my Canvas tip to a teacher that I need to record my screen. I love that on Chrome I can click an extension and record a video in an instance with some other extension namely (Screencastify or Screencastomatic). Normally I am wanting to record a Canvas page example. So with Studio, I have to first open Canvas, open Studio, then launch the screenrecorder, record the video, title the video, upload the video, wait for the upload, locate the video back in Studio, click the settings icon, click to Share a Link, click Links, copy the link and then I can share that with someone that is in or not in our Canvas instance. 

💡 MY IDEA: Studio Chrome Extension

It would be rad if you had a simple Chrome extension that operates similarly to Screencastify....click the button it launches the screenrecorder, click record, stop recording and its auto-uploading to your Studio files and copies the URL to your clipboard. 

Any other ways to make this process for Studio more seamless to record screens? 

🎥 VIDEO EXPLANATION

Here's a video showing what I mean by a Chrome extension for Studio...

https://bvusd.instructuremedia.com/embed/c68ee62a-47ca-4831-a3a0-ed9fad1132d

(I tried to embed the Studio Video but the community page didn't allow it.)

Added to Theme

Additional enhancements for Studio Theme Status: Identified

4 Comments
KristinL
Community Team
Community Team
Status changed to: Open

KaelynB
Community Participant

Awesome idea!

KristinL
Community Team