cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tod
Community Member

How do I get a list of all assignments not yet turned in?

As a parent, I want to have ONE place to go where I can easily see a list of all assignments, from all classes, that have not yet been turned in. Ideally this would be ordered by due date (past due at the top).

Is there an easy way to see this today?

1 Reply
klundstrum
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @Tod -

Right now, there's not a "one-button" solution. I know I've seen this question before, and I wish there was a better answer I could provide.

Right now, this is a class-by-class process. By clicking Grades, and then sorting the items listed, you can get a list from each class. When helping students in my homeroom group, I copy/paste the lists into a single Google Doc and share it with the student. That way, we can leave notes about progress along the way. However, the downside to this is that it's manual. If a new assignment is marked missing, it isn't added to the list.
How do I view the Grades page for a student as an observer? 

For something more automated, there may be some features in Canvas Parent that could help. With Canvas Parent, you're able to see missing assignments from all courses at a weekly view. You could also set custom alerts so you know when something is missing. The notifications are really helpful.

How do I use the Canvas Parent app on my iOS device? How do I view the calendar of events and assignments for a student in the Canvas Parent app on my iO... How do I set alerts for a student in the Canvas Parent app on my iOS device? 

I hope this helps a little. I know that the last year has been full of challenges for everyone.