Access reports for individual assignments, announcements, rubrics, etc?

Jump to solution
kingsburybrunet
Community Explorer

I would like Canvas to add a feature allowing instructors to see an access report for entities such as assignments, announcements, and rubrics.

Currently, we are able to see individual student access reports to determine if a student has accessed a given entity. However, if I want to confirm (for example) that all of the students read an announcement about something important, I would have to go one-by-one to each student's access report in "People", each one requiring several clicks, and I would have to scroll, search, keep a tally, etc.

I see that New Analytics does tell us how many unique students have viewed a given page (by selecting "Weekly Online Activity" and scrolling down). That is helpful for confirming whether all students have accessed an announcement or assignment, etc., but in cases where anything less than the entire class has accessed something and the instructor wants to confirm who might still be missing the information, the current options are to check one-by-one through "People" or to select students individually, one-by-one, via the search bar on the New Analytics page and then scroll through to confirm if and when each student accessed Entity X.

It would be very helpful to be able to go to the assignment/announcement/rubric, etc., in question, click on the three dots, and have an "Access Report" option along with "Send to...", "Copy to ...", that would show aggregated access data from the entire class for that specific entity. Is this a possible feature that Canvas could make available?  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@kingsburybrunet ...

Good morning!  It sounds like your posting is more of a suggestion for enhancements to Canvas.  There's actually a different spot here in the Community where you can post your ideas like this one.  Please go to this page:

Canvas Ideas and Themes - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

Next, click on the blue "View and Submit Ideas" button.  Then, click on the blue "Submit an Idea" button.

Before you do any of this, however, make sure that you are reading through this documentation under "Ideas and Themes".

Community - Instructure Community (canvaslms.com)

You may find that a similar and/or existing idea already has been submitted by a Community member.  In that case, there's no need to submit your own idea (so as to avoid duplication of ideas).

I hope this will help in some way.  Sing out if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes