Add Time to Current Attempt on Quizzes

Jump to solution
TALIABAKER
Community Member

When a student needs extra time during a quiz/exam in Quizzes, due to a situation outside of their control. I would love be able to add minutes to a quiz in progress. 

1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@TALIABAKER 

What @mzimmerman posted on is for classic quizzes.  I believe this question has come up before regarding new quizzes, and I believe the answer is that it is not possible in new quizzes.  I really don't know for sure because I do not use new quizzes.

for new quizzes, here is a link you can look at: https://community.canvaslms.com/t5/Instructor-Guide/How-do-I-moderate-a-student-s-quiz-attempt-in-Ne... 

In the blue box at the top is the following information:

"...Moderation timer settings apply to all attempts for the quiz in which they were set. You can add a specific amount of minutes or hours to each attempt, or remove time limit requirements. Only one timer setting can be selected for each student. To adjust timer settings for all quizzes in the course for a student, you can add accommodations. Moderation timer settings will not be applied to a quiz attempt that is currently in progress."

Ron

View solution in original post