Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

I am experiencing an issue when trying to edit a rubric and am hoping someone can help me. I created a new rubric for a single assignment in my course on Canvas a few weeks ago. All of the students have now submitted their work, and I began annotatin...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi! I'm creating up a standalone course for program assessment that is organized by modules -- each module is a different institutional learning outcome (set up at the account level) -- with signature assignments -- used to collect evidence for the a...

Community Participant
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

https://uvu.instructure.com/courses/533721/external_tools/63562 aloha! My instructor accidentally added over 500 videos in Media Gallery. Is there way to remove ALL / Or at least Multiple files in Media Gallery? Removing the files one at a time is to...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi, I've had a request to add college events (an academic calendar with drop dates, as an example) to the Calendar for all students (and staff) to see.  Is there a way to add events to the Canvas calendar for all to see? Global events.  Thank you!~Ma...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I know there's a way to do this, but can't for the life of me find out how. Many students are submitting assignments without reading the pages that are relevant to that assignment, so their assignments don't follow the guidelines. For instance, if I ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am looking to try and create a quiz in Canvas where a student can go through make a measure and then do calculations off of it. Is there a way to write quiz questions so that Question B can look at the answer given for Question A and check that val...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do i get to TALK to someone, I cannot do any work as the system is not working again......all persons I have as contacts not answering, responding. do I give up?  

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Canvas Fam! I hope everybody has recovered from the intense virtual InstructureCon 2021. I saw the sessions posted and I was excited to dive into a bunch of the sessions that I missed. However is there a way to not have to fill in the Promotional Mat...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi everyone! We have an assignment on our course that requires students to peer review three of their classmates’ submissions using a rubric. Since the score students give for each peer’s assignment counts towards their final mark, it's very importan...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Today there is no way for me to mark texts, sections, words, sentences etc in SpeedGrader, I can only read them and choose what grade it got, not correct them in any way. Is this a temporary fault or is it a new change in Canvas. Aren't we supposed t...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi all I deleted a learner from the system a while ago and now the teacher wants to retrieve the learner.  I followed the guidelines from downloading the provisioning report and then changed the status to active for the learner. I uploaded the file a...

• 0 Likes
  • 10 Replies

Canvas Colleagues, I see a couple posts about contract grades from over a year ago, but I don't see a resolution to this challenge. If students are on a contract, is there a way to make the majority of assignments ungraded? Or, perhaps there is a way...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am an instructor. Student Access Reports show that students are downloading images from art history quizzes while taking the quiz, tantamount to saving each quiz question.  Are they actually downloading/saving the image? Or, is this a product of ta...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

How do I see the date when I moderate a quiz for a student, I tried to check, and there is no date available about it.   Thanks,   Ruth Torres from Ivy Tech Community College

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I completed the SWAG Pathway for the event but never got a SWAG code?  Have they not been sent yet?

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

Hi everyone, I was using the API functionality for quizes:  /api/v1/courses/:course_id/quizzes/:quiz_id/questions But since recently I am getting the following response:  "user not authorized to perform that action" Could you please point me to the c...

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 0 Replies

How do I designate the correct answer in a multiple choice question?  

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hi! every period, I have more or less 100 courses. And we are growing. My question is: Is there a way (maybe with IT)  to set all the dates of a course at the same time? Every period, I have to set like this every course. Imagine! More than 100 cours...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Since Sept 2021 I have imported several sets of scores for a course AND all the headings for assessments are labeled as UNPUBLISHED.  The data was visible to me in the Gradebook view until yesterday.  Now the only scores I see are those from a Canvas...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have several children for which I am an Observer. I want to see a summary of current overall course grades for one student at a time (all grades on one summary page).  It appears I currently have only the following choices: 1) see all grades for al...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I believe I have found what I consider a bug with editing/copying/importing new quizzes.  Instructors are unable to edit the due date of new quizzes that were set as due in a previous grading period.  Administrators are able to do so.  Instructors an...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

how  to   insert  a  foto??????

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I want to take a homework assignment, quiz, or other content from a course I taught in previous semester, copy it into my current semester course, modify it, and then publish it when I'm ready. However, anytime I copy something that had been publishe...

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

I can see this question has been asked a lot in the community but it seems many of the replies contain links to documents that seem, to me at least, rather opaque. In almost every article on the subject it states "Canvas does not support file uploads...

• 1 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello,  Can someone please explain how to do this.... My students complete a daily assignment each day.  I would like those daily assignments to be total together for a one week particaption grade.   How do I set that up?   Just as information,  5 da...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have a course that includes peer reviews as part of one of the assignments. When looking into students yet to complete their reviews, we found that some could not see the 'Peer Review' item in their to-do list on the course homepage, which may be ...

• 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We have developed assignments in various Canvas courses for a number of K-12 programs. However we are looking for a way to allow teachers using our Canvas course structure to export the assignments out to their Google Classroom accounts to their stud...

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Hello! An instructor I work with would like to REassign a discussion using the REassign button in Canvas discussion however, the button doesn't seem to appear. I checked in other instances and course spaces I'm in and it doesn't appear when availabil...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

My dashboard still has a "to-do" to complete the grading of an assignment but I already did grade every student. It shows 16/17 and the only thing I can find is that one student failed to submit so earned a 0 but I went back and added a comment and s...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

A colleague contacted me that she can no longer view quizzes as a test student. Whenever she clicks student view, she can access all pages, but as soon as she clicks a quiz or an assignment, she receives the message: "This quiz is no longer available...

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies