Adding a section and SpeedGrader

Jump to solution
John_Gaspar
Community Participant

I have an interesting and somewhat annoying situation. 

• I have a first year Business subject with 1700+ students.
  • 108 students has been allocated to a marker for an assessment.
  • These students are across sections so we created a new section and added the 108 students.
  • The subject is live so invitations went out to students but not all have accepted the invitation or visited the Canvas site since then.
  • The new section can be filtered in Gradebook and all students are listed.
  • However Gradebook has only 83 students those who have accepted the invitation or been back to the Canvas site.

is there a workaround, or a way, to get ALL students to show in SpeedGrader, in a new section?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi @John_Gaspar,

If this manual section creation is officially supported by your school/institution, I'd suggest having an admin use the SIS Import process to enroll the users the next time you need to, rather than manually enrolling from the People tool.  When using the SIS import, users do not need to accept invites, the enrollment just happens.  It's pretty for an admin to create an enrollment CSV file to upload to the SIS Import area of Canvas.  You could also look into doing enrollments via the API, but honestly that's probably way more work with no added benefit compared to using the SIS method.

Hope this helps!

-Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes