Adding an email Address to Canvas that is not a gmail account.

Jump to solution
LorettaCannistr
Community Member

I have a student in PRDV76325 that has entered a second email account.

Yet, I do not think that she is receiving it at both addresses when I send her an email from the course, .

My other students in the course may also have this issue. How can this be rectified?

Thanks,

Loretta Cannistraci

Adjunct Professor

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
Chris_Hofer
Community Coach
Community Coach

@LorettaCannistr ...

Hi there.  I would suggest removing the e-mail addresses from your above question...as to prevent these folks from getting spam and also for some privacy reasons.

To answer your question, you should probably reach out to your school's Online Learning / eLearning / Distance Learning department about this.  Each Canvas account has one main e-mail address associated with it.  Often, this might be an official e-mail account that the school provides to the student or the staff member.  Then, each user may be able to add additional e-mail addresses to his/her Canvas account.  For example:

Users can then configure their own notification settings in Canvas to determine if they want to get notified via e-mail of messages you send them via the Canvas Inbox.

These notification settings have to be configured by the user.  You cannot configure notifications for other people.  So, your students would need to ensure that they have notifications turned on for getting Canvas Inbox conversations, for example.

I hope this will be of some help to you.  Let Community members know if you have any other questions about this...thanks!

View solution in original post

0 Likes