Adding to module when not in drop-down

Jump to solution
kcastillo2
Community Member

I am working on a course that is huge with many items. When I want to add something to a module, say a quiz, there are so many already created that the one I want does not appear on the drop-down menu.

The only thing I can find in the help says -

Note: When adding a quiz to a module, the Add Quiz drop-down menu only loads the first 400 quizzes.

Any other tips for how I can quickly find the quiz I need and add it to a module? Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ron_Bowman
Community Champion

@kcastillo2 -

I have no way to test the following, but in the drop down of items - after you select the category (Assignment, quiz etc) left click on box with the names.  Then hit the first letter of the name of the item you want to add.  Just keep hitting it to go down the list.  I have no idea if this will only look at the 400 items or if it will go beyond that.  You can also just start typing the full name.

Something you may want to try as well (to help with the above) is the following javascript that will alphabetically sort the content selector list.

Sort content selector javascript 

here is the forum page james wrote for this canvancement

This script is from the canvancements list made by a long time contributor to the forum and Canvas.

to run the canvancement javascripts, you need tampermonkey (do not use grease monkey) installed 

View solution in original post