Aligned Outcomes not Appearing in Learning Mastery Gradebook

Jump to solution
twier1
Community Member

Hello!

I have uploaded outcomes to two different Canvas courses with a CSV file.

I then aligned quiz questions in one course with the outcomes, and when I take the quiz using the test student feature, the outcomes appear in the Learning Mastery Gradebook.

In the second course, I aligned a quiz with the outcomes and took the quiz, but the outcomes results are not appearing in the Learning Mastery Gradebook.

In both courses I can align outcomes to rubrics, and grade assignments attached to the rubrics.  The outcomes results then show in the Learning Mastery Gradebook.  It's just quizzes that are problematic.

In both, I am using new quizzes and have aligned questions individually to outcomes.

I can't find any settings that are different between the two courses.

Any ideas about what might be going on?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution
pbingham
Instructure
Instructure

Hello @twier1 !

I have extensive experience in Outcomes management and New quiz reporting so I wanted to chime in on a few things that you may want to take a look at. 

1. When importing outcomes through CSV, are you importing the same CSV file into both courses you are using these outcomes in? If so that's likely causing a problem and I would delete the outcomes in the second course you imported them into THEN change the vendor_guid for your outcomes so they are different and unique and try associating them to your new quiz questions again at that point. 
    1. If you want the same outcomes in both courses it would be more ideal to import them in the root or sub-account level so their is only one copy of them. 
  2. In your second course you are having challenges in with the Learning Mastery Gradebook (LMGB) go to the new quiz that you associated the outcomes in and check the "Reports" tab for the "Outcome Analysis" and see if you notice the outcomes appearing there. GUIDE on how to find this report. 
  3. The final recommendation is just to make a test outcome in the second course using the UI and associate that with a question. If it works you know there is a problem with either the Outcome CSV Import, the New quiz, or the imported outcome themselves.

Hope this helps, 

Parley

View solution in original post

0 Likes