Announcements - Editing Old vs. Posting New

Jump to solution
ChristopherRey1
Community Member

Regarding "Users do not receive updated notifications when editing an announcement. If you wish to have users notified of this update via their notification settings, you will need to create a new announcement," I have several announcements in all of my Canvas classes and before your change, would simply update the old announcement with text and keep the graphics from the previous hidden announcements. Having to recreate 25+ announcements so students receive a notification is a TIME KILLER! Where before, I could update a hidden announcement and publish it quickly, I now have to recreate an entirely new announcement. Is there any way to continue updating old announcements and notify students of the new announcement? From their point of view, it is a new announcement. 

Thanks...

Chris

0 Likes
1 Solution
chriscas
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @ChristopherRey1,

As far as I understand things, Canvas functionality did not change at all with the last update.  The message was added for clarity about what the system actually does with the edited announcements.  If your old methods generally worked for you and your class, you should be able to continue to use those methods.

-Chris

View solution in original post