Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions in Canvas Question Forum. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Filter by Label:

How to I turn off the welcome tour so it doesn't pop up every single time I log in to canvas?

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Why are students assignments that have been completed showing up blank when submitted to CANVAS?  These are google docs.  Same name as I have them named on CANVAS. 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I have a number of different groups of courses. Is there a way to create sections on the dashboard to organize courses into groups? 

Community Member
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

Hello, I was helping another instructor import content from my course to theirs, that worked without any trouble, but now when I click on any of my PDfs in any of my current and previous classes I either get a "Failed to  Fetch" error or just a loadi...

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Does anyone have any information/instruction for school districts using Ascender (TxEIS) on how the integration process of information sharing works with Canvas?  Looking for any help to make the process easier for our district and other districts us...

• 2 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Can questions be formatted in a certain way to import them into a quiz and/or question bank?

• 0 Likes
  • 9 Replies

I need to find all the pages of my course that contain a specific text phrase. How do I do that? 

• 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is there any way to set a default in Speedgrader that would automatically show the rubric for every student?  In other words, when in Speedgrader, a teacher has to click on the Show Rubric button, make selections, and then select save for that studen...

Community Explorer
Canvas Question Forum
  • 10 Likes
  • 14 Replies

We had been using Canvas tutorial videos in our courses for students. Now the links all seem to be broken. Example: https://community.canvaslms.com/videos/1130. Can this be fixed, or will we have to relink everything.

• 2 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I need to create a yearbook course on Canvas and would like to use, as assignments, spreads created on the Entourage Online Yearbook platform. Is this type of Canvas assignment considered as an "External tool"? If so, is it possible to configure it? ...

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I'd like to make a suggestion to improve Canvas. This involves changing the student's privileges under "User Details." Currently, the default is “Let this user see all course users.” To change this to allow them to see only the users in their section...

• 3 Likes
  • 5 Replies

I'm trying to understand quizzes, assignments, especially external tool ones. Looking at the county quiz (attached image), there is no "submission type" listed, and I can't see a link to the document. What might I be doing wrong? 

• 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

When you embed the YouTube link and then press play the YouTube symbol appears on the bottom of the video. This allows you to click on it and go to YouTube. Isn't this not supposed to happen so the kids don't get into YouTube?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Goal: To save a Fall 2019 Class for future useI have imported my sp 2020 into fall 2020.  Good to go.Question: To save a Fall 2019 class, I exported it. Hoping to access it for future use - not this semester.**Where is it exported to? I clicked on Ne...

• 0 Likes
  • 6 Replies

i want to export course content fr@m a free account to a paid acct but my computer is not recognizing imscc files. i have windows 2016. how can i download this program?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

How do I put a picture on my course in my dashboard?

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I got all the way through the Canvas guide but the last step is not correctly labeled and I think that's my issue. See screen shots. What goes in that field?

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I'm configuring a self-hosted canvas lms install and need to add the chat feature. According to the documentation this is an external app developed by instructure. I seached in eduApps but doesnt appear available to install. Is the chat app open sour...

Community Novice
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 3 Replies

Is it possible to embed a fillable PDF to Canvas, one that students could answer within Canvas and submit?

• 8 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I've been assigned additional sections to the same course, how can I combine into one course?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies

I find it a HUGE OMISSION on Canvas's part that there is no plagiarism checker in the Discussion Board assignments. I have to personally check them myself with random copy & paste into Google searches. SUCH a waste of instructors' time. When is Canva...

• 4 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Last spring, when students turned a Google Doc in to Canvas, the doc was reformatted to a pdf.  As a world language teacher, it is helpful for me to see the edit history of student work, as many use Google Translate to write in English and then trans...

• 1 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am learning new quizzes.   I have been happy with some of the changes but I am currently frustrated.  We are new to Canvas this summer so I hadn't really done much in classic quizzes.  I am hoping this is operator error.  I put together a quiz.  I ...

• 4 Likes
  • 9 Replies

Why can I not copy and paste feedback into the additional comments section of a quiz? I felt like I could do this in spring and now it will not allow it any more.  It's a huge time saver to be able to copy and paste.

• 4 Likes
  • 4 Replies

How can I remove the "Drop files here to add to Module" that is showing up beneath each module in my course?  This just started showing up and it is extremely annoying because I need to be able to see more of the course on the screen at one time.

• 7 Likes
  • 10 Replies

I teach general music (6-8) and high school chorus and want to know how to best utilize Canvas.  My district is switching to Canvas now and the instructors are in the midst of learning to set up their courses.  I am at creating home page stage now an...

• 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

Hello,Our academic program requires our students to complete 300 field experience hours prior to graduation. Additionally, the 300 hours need to be spent performing certain roles (i.e. 100 hours observation, 100 hours assistance, 100 hours leadership...

• 2 Likes
  • 7 Replies

In my canvas account 4  coerces were functioned properly, for the last one month  . But from the last few days onward while uploading files it shows an error ' Error : Your request failed Status code 400 " . Same error shows with different Browsers ...

• 0 Likes
  • 19 Replies

Is it possible to create a standard signature in the conversations box? 

• 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Can you publish what is in you sandbox course in order to save and use materials you have created in an actual course?

• 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies