Appointment group scheduler no BBB option

Jump to solution
HAMISHADAMS
Community Member

In calendar events there is an option to add bigbluebutton for an individual event, but this isn't available for the appointment group scheduler. Appointment group scheduler is used for staff to offer bookable slots for their cohort.

So what's the best way for staff to create an online call for their tutorials? I have staff using Teams which we are trying to avoid. I have spoken with the Canvas online chat who didn't provide any decent solutions.

It seems confusing to me that the option doesn't exist where a teacher can create a series of tutorials with individual BBB calls for each one. Currently the appointment group schedule seems to only facilitate in-person learning as there's no option to include a BBB conference call. It seems like it should exist.

Event options (see "Add BigBlueButton option")

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 16.33.17.png

Appointment groups options (No add BBB option)

Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 16.33.31.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
MatthewClifft
Instructure
Instructure

Hi HAMISHADAMS, 

I took a look and it does indeed appear there is no option for this, in fact the ability to schedule conferences as calendar events was added back in 2022, Unfortunately, I think you would want to make an idea conversation regarding this function, as that would be how to help ensure it's being looked into, at least at some level. 

With regards to alternatives, there are two ways I can see you still using BigBlueButton. The first would be to have the teacher's individually make each given calendar event, though that would be time consuming depending on how many you have to create.

Another alternative would be to use the scheduler appointment app so that it shows up on the calendar for everyone, but specify that students need to go to the conferences tab in the course to find the link; this lets teachers create conferences as needed, but still allows the appointments to be listed for everyone. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes