Latest Topics

The latest questions and discussions about Canvas LMS. Ask a question, start a discussion, contribute to the global Instructure Community

Please send information on how "Elementary School Counselor" can use Canvas.  I need a jump start:) Thanks 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-09-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I'm seeing some cases where the date picker (for an Assignment, for example) is displaying the year 202 instead of 2022 (image attached). According to Wikipedia, 202 A.D. is the Year of the Consulship of Severus and Antoninus, but that doesn't help w...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hi!Is it possible to hide, with the layout tools or with HTML, certain parts of a page so that students can't see it yet. I want to be able to create a page and keep certain parts, which are not yet final for viewing, hidden to continue working on la...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 Replies

How do I fix my son's Global Announcements? I need to remove his old school. It is very confusing!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-10-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Since there is no real way to get support I thought I'd post here.As an observer, I can see 2 students on the mobile device.  The same account on the website only has 1 student in the drop-down. 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 03-21-2023 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I tried to apply for a class on the calendar but it doesn't work, it just shows a white page. The same goes for the Inbox.I am also missing the " Account, Courses, and Groups" from my Canvas Home page. Please help me solve this issue my class has alr...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-08-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hello,Does anyone know how I can get my sons high school courses to show in his canvas account because he Middle school is still linked to his account?Any information would be very helpful.Thank you, 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

We recently stopped using our SIS due to continuing issues that weren't being addressed.  We need to enroll students but we're having problems doing so as the system keeps saying that although the students are in the system, they cannot be placed in ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-14-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello Community,I joined a project that will be releasing Canvas LMS soon. I'm tasked with performing testing (functional, API or otherwise) in a test domain. Where can I find resources for testers? I would like to find a test plan that shows a good ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have been added to courses as a TA, instructor, and student over the past five years. I was always able to access all my courses and material online. However, as of now (Aug 2022), I can only see the courses I took after 2021. I am still a student ...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am trying to access the feedback given to me for my assignment. When I clicked on the feedback link, it says that I am using the Internet browser, which is outdated and no longer supported by Canvas. I have installed Chrome in my computer. How do I...

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I need to turn off the ability for users to retitle messages sent via the "Message Students Who" functionality in the gradebook.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Unable to upload replies. Canvas says loading but nothing happens. Checked out my computer and its OK. When will Canvas load replies? 

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

In previous years using Canvas, i would create discussion boards and have them be graded assignments with clear expectations and a grading rubric. However, i would set the assignment to "0 Points Possible" and "Display Grade as Complete/Incomplete." ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 09-07-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

how do I add tabs to pages in canvas??  

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I am trying to de-cross-list and when I select the section, it doesn't say De-Cross-List.  What might I be doing incorrectly? Thank you!

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I have multiple assignments on my course to which students have a already added their submissions. Now I have realized that all of the assessments need to be moderated by a reviewer per the requirements of my institute. So, I want to convert these as...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

On my student dashboard, all I see is a white screen. I can still hover over things and see what link they go to but I can't see any of my courses or the side panel. I have reloaded the page many times, cleared my cookies, and restarted google chrome...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 Replies

why c

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 1 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Hi I would like to be able to set an end date to peer review on a assignment, how do I do that?

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I have created a new user and added them as an admin.  They have not gotten the email and when I try to access the user I get and access denied message.  I must have missed a step, but I have added users as admin before this and have not had an issue...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

I am an instructor.  I have a student that cannot see the progress in their account.  The information can be seen when an admin masquerades as this user.  What can the student do to troubleshoot what they are supposed to be seeing in their account?Th...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

Good morning,First off, thank you for all your help in the past.I am sure this is pretty basic, and I know i have done it in the past but for the life of me I can not remember how I did it or find the answer again.I know you can put a link on a page ...

(Community Explorer)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I use the Notes function in Grades to record when a student has uploaded an assignment and their Turnitin score but I now found I have run out of disc space or memory ? I know this, because I deleted old nates and was able to add a few more new ones....

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
Solution Posted: 08-11-2022 View Solution
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I am a student and my menu icons not showing, buttons on left side of canvas are missing, they show as blank and won't let me click on them. The account icon is not showing, the courses icon is not showing, the history icon not showing, and dashboard...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 Replies

Canvas Dashboard wont load. I can access in a friends computer but in my chromebook it just wont load. Last school year it was fine.I tried factory reset, using ublock, etc and nothing. I cant afford to buy a new laptop and I cant do my homework.

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

I can't access the modules and assignments since yesterday. please help

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies

I can not see some of my canvas Icon, such as account, courses, or history. I can not finish my aclasses

(Community Novice)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 Replies

Hello,We want to create a personal environment as much as possible on the canvas. One of the capabilities we would like to make is to transfer ongoing information from the Airtable into the canvas. For example - the number of times a student did some...

(Community Member)
Canvas Question Forum
  • 0 Likes
  • 1 Replies