Are there any assessment design PD courses specifically built around the question types in Canvas New Quizzes?

Jump to solution
JonBerry
Community Explorer

I teach high school science--usually chemistry but occasionally I'll be handed a couple sections of something else. Also, I'm in Texas, and we're adopting new-to-us standards in the fall (about a decade behind NGSS).

When my district first switched to Canvas, New Quizzes were already in production, and I really enjoyed using all the different question types. But now the novelty has worn off, and I think I think I could be utilizing them more fully to write better assessments. We as a content already went through our shared assignments and banked items to make sure they fit the new TEKS, but I haven't gone through my individual stuff yet. Also, I want/need to improve the turnaround time on submitted assignments and provide better, more useful feedback to my students. So the more the assessment can auto-grade itself, the better.

In short: I know how to write a quiz in Canvas. Where can I learn how to write a better Canvas quiz?

Labels (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution
MatthewClifft
Instructure
Instructure

Hi Jon, 

Your district may have some specific courses that they can provide, i would recommend double checking internally with them. Outside of that, checking through the Training services portal may allow you to locate a course that fits that description of what you're wanting, but i'm not entirely certain if one would be there. If you have any questions on how to do a specific function in Canvas quizzes, you can also always reach out to Canvas support as well, to see if they can walk you through that process. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes