Are you using New Quizzes in Distance Learning?

Jump to solution
rpsimon
Community Contributor

Hi, for those of you who are using remote learning, are you using New Quizzes for assessment of students?  I finally spent time navigating New Quizzes and I like what I am seeing so far.  I noticed that in the quiz settings, there is an option to Filter IP addresses.  How does this work?  Is this something that will enable us to test the students remotely?  However, how can we prevent them from using another device for purposes of cheating?  Thanks.

341840_pastedImage_1.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
rmurchshafer
Community Champion

Rebecca,

At my school we have new quizzes enabled as an option but do not encourage anyone to use them yet unless they are experimenting.  It's functional, but there are still some key feature missing.  

Regarding IP address filtering, this is something that is available on both New and Classic quizzes but it's not going to do what you are asking about.  It allows you to lock down a quiz to only work specific computer addresses, or a range of addresses.  So for instance if you have a computer lab and knew all of the IP addresses of the computers or range of them, you could lock down the quiz so that it would only work on those computers.  So not really any sort of use case for remote situations.

Rick

View solution in original post

0 Likes