Assignment Groups - Is There a Limit?

Jump to solution
TrishaMeyer1
Community Contributor

I tried searching the Guides and etc. and didn't find anything addressing my question. Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of Assignment Groups in Canvas?

I envision a course in which Modules are set up with a requirement to earn a certain number of points in order to advance but with a variety of Assignments to obtain those points. Since students wouldn't be doing every Assignment, only the total points earned would matter. I would want to create an Assignment Group to align with each such Module in order to track the points earned (just by looking at the numerator) but which would not count at all toward the course grade. The Assignment Group would have a weight of 0%.

Could I keep adding such 0% Assignment Groups, or is there a limit to how many I can have?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
jcarpenter1
Panda Pros
Panda Pros

Hello @TrishaMeyer1 !  I hope you're having a wonderful day!  I already had 6 assignment groups in one of my courses, and made 10 more when I read your question.  I also gave them 0%, so it's safe to assume that you could set you MANY groups.

Have you thought about using MasteryPaths?  You can set those up with choice based on points, and you have to have modules and requirements.  This link should help you learn about this wonderful choice and how to set them up. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes