Assignment Quizzes not showing as an option to select

Jump to solution
clawdette
Community Member

I am using New Quizzes, assessing from the Quizzes link in the Modules View left navigation column. Building the new New Quizzes goes smoothly, I Save and Return. But I cannot bring them into the Modules view as an assignment.  When I click the + sign to add an item to the module, the quizzes don't show if I choose Assignments.  They are visible under Quizzes and I can insert from there but the pages that show in Canvas are the initial quiz setups where I can continue to build the quizzes, not a quiz launch page.

I have searched high and low, both in the course setup and online but cannot find a solution.  Thanks for any insight offered.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
2 Solutions
nwilson7
Community Champion

@clawdette This comes from the fact Canvas still has two quiz engines running.  New Quizzes are slowly transitioning to the default engine and my guess is will fully take over the "quizzes" area and not the "assignments" area (that is purely a guess).  You are finding them correctly to add to modules and while it launches a setup page for you, it will launch a normal launch page for students.

Hope that helps!

-Nick

View solution in original post

Thank you so much, Nick!  I had found that the student view was fine but was worried about teachers being able to edit the quizzes when they were logged into the courses.  I am setting up courses in our virtual public school for use by teachers who will deliver them, so more hands than mine will be in the finished course.  We will specify that they don't change anything in the Blueprint while we wait for the transition.

View solution in original post