Assignment both individual and group

Jump to solution
eebailey
Community Member

I am working with an instructor who wants to give her students the ability to decide if they want to submit an assignment as part of a (self sign-up) group of 2 or 3, or as an individual.

I have set up an assignment group set for this purpose, and set it for self sign-up, with a limit of 3 members per group.

If I set up an assignment as a "group" assignment, will that require students to first sign up for a group (even if they are the only individual in that group) in order to submit the assignment? Or will they still have the ability to submit the assignment as an individual if they do not join a group?

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution
crafte
Community Coach
Community Coach

Hi @eebailey Interesting question and I had to find out. I tested this. I created a group assignment and created two test self-signup groups. I logged in as a sample student I use for testing. I was able to submit to the assignment. I also added another sample student to a group and submitted the assignments. Back in SpeedGrader in instructor view - I was able to enter a grade for the individual student and the second submission appeared in the group.

I hope that helps. 🙂  

View solution in original post