Assignment groups for differentiation (not collaborative projects)

AdrianGREIG
Community Member

Hi,

Trying to get my head around the best way to create, for want of a better term, logical groups of children for easy dissemination of assignment tasks to specific groups of children to individually complete an assigned task.

Scenario:

I have a class cohort of 30 students.

• 20 of these students would easily be assigned a standard assignment task without any adjustments to meet their learning needs;
  • 6 need minor adjustments but essentially the same task; and
  • the remaining needing significant adjustments.

Is there a way to create logical groups (NOT for group collaborative projects) but a 'dissemination' group that I can assign kids into specific groups for easy deployment of assignments, so that each child regardless of 'group' gets their own individual assignment to complete.

From a management perspective a single click on a 'most' kids group as opposed to everyone will be more effective to send assignments. This also means that those in differentiated groups (or even in a group by themselves) can get stuff specifically by themselves when assigned.

This is not simply just adding more time but adjustments to the task themselves making them essentially a new assignment (regardless of it being a small adjustment or a major one).

Is there such an option? What is it called?

Thanks

Adrian

Labels (1)
0 Likes